- TO ORGANISE, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions Clubs.
- TO COORDINATE the activities and standardise the administration of Lions Clubs.
- TO CREATE AND FOSTER a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO TAKE an active interest in the civic, cultural and moral welfare of the community.
- TO UNITE the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in industry, professions, public works and private endeavours.
- TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- TO REMEMBER that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the rights or ethics of my position or actions towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- TO HOLD friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- ALWAYS to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state and my community and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act and deed. To give them freely of my time, labour and means.
- TO AID others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE CAREFUL with my criticism and liberal with my praise. To build up and not destroy.